First Car Insurance: A Complete Guide for New Buyers in Dubai
Excited to purchase a new car insurance policy? Or are you confused about what auto policy coverage suits your car requirement the most?
This uncertainty and change in perceptions are quite common when you get your first car or you’re new to a country like the UAE where it’s a mandatory obligation to get car insurance as soon as possible.
Getting your first car insurance indicates that you put the rules of safety before anything else. These are signs of a responsible and roadworthy driver.
Unfortunately for new buyers, car insurance is considered more an extra expense and tedious a process.
This is a major reason why first-time buyers take up the first policy they are offered without looking at its pros and cons.
The wise move you can make during insurance shopping is always to do your homework first and never pursue any first auto protection policy you came across.
Today in the time of technology everything is quite transparent and informative enough to make you a well-informed person in front of the insurance representative. Hence you don’t look naïve or easy to get trap in selecting a high premium policy.
To make your life a little easy BuyAnyInsurnace has come up with a complete guide and tips that can help you to make the right choices.
Evaluate the Coverage
Plans That Benefit your Car
You must be aware of your car specification and the coverage plan it will suit the most. Currently, in the UAE two types of insurance policies are offered to car owners.
This is the most convenient coverage plan for car owners. It covers the basic requirement of a car for unforeseen events.
This coverage comes into action under the following scenarios such as:
- If an accident is caused by you then third-party liability coverage will pay for the other person’s expenses. This includes any damage or medical bills.
- Covers the cost of another person’s property damage you caused while driving
- It also facilitates you getting claims during theft and fire of the car or property.
It should be noted that under third-party insurance the provider will only cover the damage you cause to another driver and their vehicle.
Under no condition will your car repair and damage be born by the insurance company.
Comprehensive Coverage Insurance:
This is full coverage insurance. It provides wide protection for your car’s minor to major expenses.
Those who get comprehensive coverage will get protection from
disasters (like a hurricane or a tornado)
done to your car by animals
civil disturbance (like a riot that results in damage or destruction of your
However, there are some straight forward expenses that comprehensive insurance does not cover, especially when
- Your vehicle gets damaged in a crash
- Another person’s vehicle gets damaged in a crash
- Your or your travel companions medical fees after an accident
However, this type of coverage in the UAE is comparatively expensive than third-party liability. Incidentally, if you got a brand-new car like a sports car then this is the best coverage plan for your car.
Read the Small Print Before
Many people tend to ignore the small print when buying a new insurance policy.
Never make this mistake! You should pay attention to the terms and conditions, the small print, and ask questions if you’re confused.
These terms and conditions might look boring and ambiguous in nature but focusing on them can save you from paying hefty monthly premium fees.
For instance, you should understand what these policy conditions offer you.
- Does your insurance cover the car accidental cost or breakdown/repayment expense?
- Does your policy offer roadside assistance or you have to pay extra for this add-on?
- What geographical location does your car insurance benefits work on?
Therefore, you should know what you are signing
Get Awareness About Distinct Add-Ons.
Car Insurance add-ons don’t mean extra money all the time it also means extra coverage you get in the time of accidental scenes.
These extra add-ons can protect you and
your car from bigger future expenditures that can disturb your overall car
It’s best not to dismiss any auto insurance add-ons without
considering the benefits and protections they may include.
Most essential add-ons that you should consider are:
- Uninsured & Underinsured Claim Add-on
- Personal Injury Coverage
Learn Some of the
The reason why these insurance terms and conditions are so confusing and monotonous is because of insurance jargon that we are unaware of.
Hence, it’s high time for fresh insurance buyers to brush up their jargon and get aware of these terms like
- No claims discounts,
And many more. It’s better to do your own research.
Therefore, look at the glossary of common auto insurance terms as it will help you to interpret them and understand them.
Must have Compulsory
All policyholders have to pay a deductible when they make a claim in the coverage plans.
The amount depends upon the factors like ages, car model, nature of incident, etc. etc. The total amount ranges from AED 500 to AED 2000.
Typically, your car premium goes down if you pay a higher compulsory deductible.
Always Compare Car
Never indulge yourself in car insurance shopping without comparing the car quotes.
For this reason, car quote comparison helps you to get better market rates when you buy the insurance policy for the first time.
Each car model and specification
have different rates and according to that insurance coverage plan is decided.
A website like BuyAnyInsurance helps its targeted clients to identify the best rates and sign a policy that gives them a suitable advantage.
Getting your first car insurance is as crucial as having a driving sense.
You have to evaluate and seek the best choices available in the online and offline markets.
Altogether, this guide is made specifically for those fresh clients to remove their uncertainty and make them confident enough to make the right decision on time.
List of further readings:
- Your Checklist For Getting Car Insurance In The UAE
- Living In A City of Million Cars
- Driving Without Car Insurance? Things That Could Go Wrong
- Don’t Pay Your Fines Until 2020 And Get Insured Faster
- 4 Car Safety Tips To Get You Through Extreme Heat
- Wash Your Car Or Be Fined
- 8 Clues to Cheap Car Insurance in Dubai
- Tips to Renew Car Registration in Dubai
- Car Insurance Claim Do’s and Don’ts in the UAE
- Tips for Personal Injury Accident Claims in Dubai
- No-Claim Bonus Facts
- Is Buying Car Insurance Online Reliable?
- Reason Behind Motor Insurance High Rates
- Traps of Car Insurance In the UAE
- Car Insurance Renewal – A Guide
- Busting 6 Car Insurance Fallacies in the UAE
- The Ultimate Guide to Agency Repair
- 6 FAQ’s on UAE Motor Insurance Answered
Originally published Nov 03, 2019 10:15:02 AM, updated May 16, 2021