Expat Guide to cheap car insurance in the UAE
Culture shock is something that is experienced by both immigrants and expatriates. The UAE is a hub for expatriates who bring their culture, their values, and a unique drive to the country. It is a place where you can find ample opportunities and diversities within the industrial and commercial sectors.
It can be an overwhelming experience for an expat who is trying to adjust to a new environment and making a living out of it. But the real shock for these individuals is when they have to buy car insurance. Since they are new to the country the motor laws can be a bit overwhelming but they are there keeping the publics’ best interest in mind.
However, these confusions can lead to hasty decisions and expats end up buying car insurance that is too expensive. To make this process as simple as possible we’ve simplified car insurance for you.
The FAQS by Immigrants/Expats.
1. Auto insurance facilitates the clients by protecting any insured car against monetary loss.
2. And liability that could result in the event of an accident or theft
Yes. According to the law of UAE insurance anyone who possesses any type of vehicle is obligated to have car insurance.
Accidents can happen anytime.
Insurance aids in safeguarding you and your family members’ against a range of possible harm and the connected financial consequences.
With car insurance, you can make claims against these unfavorable situations
It varies depending upon the type of insurance policies you have.
1. For instance, A minimum legal requirement is third party liability insurance.
2.Which protects the individual from legal actions and compensation in case of accidents caused by your vehicle.
3. The cover does not entertain your vehicle, instead, it facilitates the death, injury or property damage caused to a third party by you.
4. Another policy is the comprehensive plan, that insured your car against theft or damage.
The insurance providers take advantage of these new immigrants or expats by charging a high premium and letting you sign on irrevocable auto protection policies.
But no need to see stars in the living daylight.
Our website BuyAnyInsurance is the best platform to get the most authentic and relevant information about getting the cheapest car insurance policies in Dubai within a minute.
These top mentioned following guidelines are good enough to remove your doubts and concern and protect your savings from getting robbed by rigid policymakers.
Wisely Evaluate Your Choices Before Buying Any Car:
It’s an unwritten rule to purchase a car in UAE.
Most people have to travel a long distance and by default, it becomes a necessity than a luxury to purchase an automobile.
It’s a good thing that cars in Dubai are not that expensive as compared to other places.
But the thing that shakes the inner core of your budget is car insurance.
So, we suggest before buying any car, evaluate your choices wisely. Because in UAE the auto insurance companies calculate premium looking at the
- Car model/ Manufacturing date
- Car Specs and features
So, if an expat buys a new car model, he/she likely to pay more premiums as compared to used cars.
Don’t make any hasty decisions in your initial days, research, think then buy the car suiting your requirement.
Things you should be aware of before buying an insurance
Do a comparison of the various auto insurance companies through online research and select that is best for your car needs and of course for your pocket
- Get information regarding your auto protection policies covering the emergency services in case of flat tires or running out of fuel and have off-road travel coverage.
- Also know about agency repair along with garage repair, in case if your car undergoes repair in the manufacturer’s garage.
- That way you can rest assured that your costly car can come back to you as new as you had brought.
Make a Checklist for the Necessary Documents:
Always be well-prepared.
Arrange all your necessary documents and make a checklist for it.
Therefore in time of buying insurance policies,you don’t leave behind any documents that create an issue in getting your car insured.
Mainly your checklist should include:
- Identification Proof- Copy of your passport or visa in case if you are an expat working in Dubai.
- Date of Birth
- Vehicle Details- Includes car model, manufacturing date, car registration card or transfer letter.
- Driver’s license copy
- GCC specified confirmation letter
Although the checklist can vary depending upon the insurance provider.
Don’t Leave it to Banks and Car dealers:
You are asking for trouble if you rely totally on banks or car dealers to give you the cheapest car insurance.
Expats/Immigrants are often indulged in making hasty decisions.
Lack of reading discussion of these important terms and conditions led them stuck with policies that get expensive with time
It’s very much important for you to get yourself more involved and have the prime knowledge of car insurance and car quotes
Look for Comprehensive Auto Insurance:
When you own a high-budget car, it is wise to get a comprehensive plan over third party insurance.
Because it protects the value of your car from non-accidental incidents.
Comprehensive Auto Insurance helps you in covering;
- Give claims to replace or repair for your car in case of theft, damaged, or any incident other than a collision.
- In third party insurance, your provider will facilitate the other person’s vehicle damages, not yours.
- In the end, you have to pay your own car repairs which are not very suitable for you.
Be Careful! Car Insurance Company Don’t Aid Bad Drivers:
Expats/Immigrants do suffer during learning the UAE’s driving and traffic rules.
It’s best to get some experience and practice on the road as what we say practice makes you perfect right!
The auto insurance provider needs your clean slate driving track.
If they find any sort of driving violation, then there is a chance your insurance claims not covered these areas; 1. Damages to the car due to a drunk driver 2. Deliberate damages caused to the vehicle 3. Damages when driven by an uninsured person 4. Normal wear and tear.
Online Insurance Agency
Time is money. As busy we are, we don’t usually have time to visit the insurance company.
For your pieces of mind, it is highly suggested to ask as many questions as you can.
But mostly insurance representative is trained enough not to give you a clear picture of the terms and conditions.
- For your convenience, we have a solution to your home.
- Type BuyAnyInsurance. Here you will get all the blogs and experts views that answer your concerns
- This well-informed website delivers real-time content and car quote comparisons
Immigrants and expatriates don’t have to worry about car insurance policy anymore. Our website offers reliable and affordable insurance provider that is known for their client loyalty and excellent services so that they understand about the UAE auto protection policies while not getting trap by the wrong insurance provider.
Originally published Oct 12, 2019 14:04:22 PM, updated May 16, 2021