Track UAE visa status Online through Passport Number, GDRFA & ICP Portal
The UAE government has made it really easy for people to access all visa-related services online. Using this method, you need your passport number to check your UAE resident visa validity.
To check your UAE visa status online, you would need the following –
- Passport number with details
- Visa application reference number
- Email address
- Log-in details
How to Check Visa Status Online?
Here’s how you can check UAE residence visa status online.
- Visit the ICP Smart Services portal
- Select “Change Language” and click on English
- Click on the “Passport Information” tab
- Select “Visa” or “Residency,” depending on your visa type
- Enter your passport number and passport expiry date (UAE residents can also enter their Emirates ID)
- Select your nationality from the dropdown menu
- Check the captcha checkbox before you click on the search tab
If the information you provided is correct, the page will display all your visa details, including the UAE visa expiry date.
Know more about ICP portal and ICP Smart Services
You can sign in using your UAE pass and avail all the services online on the ICP portal. The services include –
- Individual services
- Establishments services
- Typing centers services
- Golden Residency services
The UAE launched the Golden Residency Program for five or ten years without a need for a sponsor in the country. The program includes talented individuals, researchers, outstanding students, doctors, specialists, innovators, athletes, entrepreneurs, investors in the economic and real estate sectors, and emerging companies. In addition, the program gives residency to these categories and their family members. Thus, it will create an attractive environment that allows talented individuals to work and settle to be part of the country’s success story and its supremacy in creativity, research and development, health care, agriculture, financial services, and the startup sector.
- Public services
The public services offered on the portal are –
- Residency – all residency types – permits for staying outside UAE for more than 6 months
- Residency – virtual work residency
- Visa – single entry – search for jobs for 60 days
- Visa – single entry – search for jobs for 90 days
- Visa – single entry – search for jobs for 120 days
- Visa – single entry – search for investment opportunities for 60 days
- Visa – single entry – search for investment opportunities for 90 days
- Visa – single entry – search for investment opportunities for 120 days
- Visa – multiple entry – tourism for citizens of certain countries
- Visa – multiple entry – 6 months to finalize the procedures of golden residency
- Visa – multiple entry – long term tourism for all nationals – issue a new visa
- Visa – multiple entry – long term tourism for all nationals – issue for family group
- Visa – multiple entry – issue new visa for truck drivers for 30 days
- Visa – multiple entry – issue new visa for truck drivers for 60 days
- Visa – multiple entry – issue new visa for truck drivers for 90 days
- Visa – holders of special visas
- Visa – golden residency – nomination request for golden residence
- Investigating – permit leaving issue
- Investigation – lost passport – resident passport
- Fines – pay fines
- Other services – fee and security deposits
- Other services – reports, resident details – print
- Other services – reports, visa details – print
- Other services – individuals paying department fines
- Other services – personal information update
- Public visa services
This page enables you to apply for visa transactions that you can directly do without a sponsor or an intermediary. The services are – issue a new visa, extension of current visa, modification of current visa, and pre- entry extension.
ICP Smart Services are available for –
- UAE residents
- GCC residents
- GCC citizens
- Typing centers
- Establishments and free zones
How to check UAE visa status by passport number only?
You can check the status on the ICA website. You don’t need to carry your original passport for UAE visa status check. A soft copy or photocopy will also work. If you have lost the reference number, you can check visa status with just your passport number as well. Follow these steps –
- Visit the website – https://smartservices.icp.gov.ae/echannels/web/client/default.html#/fileValidity
- Select passport information and select the type as Visa
- Enter the passport number, passport expiry date, and nationality
- Check the captcha box
- Click on submit
Track your visa application
To track your visa application, you need the application number and reference number. When you submit your visa application to any visa service provider, ask them to give you the application number and reference number so you can track the visa yourself through the channels mentioned.
If you have applied for your visa for Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Ajman, Umm Al Quwain, Ras Al Khaimah, or Fujairah, you can check the visa status on the website of the Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs and Port Security – ICP.
Here’s how you can check your visa status on The Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship website –
If you applied for Dubai visa or through Amer centres in Dubai, track your visa application through General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs-Dubai website – https://smart.gdrfad.gov.ae/Public_Th/StatusInquiry_New.aspx
GDRFA Dubai Website
Checking Dubai visa check status on the website is really easy and quick. Follow these steps –
- Visit the official website, go to services and then visa status.
- Select “Residence Validity” from the drop-down menu as the service you seek for your UAE visa enquiry.
- Enter your residence file number using your year of issue. You can find the residence file number on the visa page of your passport.
- Next, enter your first name, as per your passport and select your gender.
- Specify your correct date of birth in the dd-mm-yyyy format.
- Enter the Captcha code in the specified bar and click “Submit.”
UAE residents can also use their Emirates ID instead of their passport number to check visa validity via ICP smart services.
GDRFA Dubai has also launched an app for all expats to get ease of visa-related services. Just download the app and check visa status UAE online in just a few minutes. Here’s how you can use the app to check your visa status –
- Open the app and select the “Services” label
- Click on “Entry Permit / Residence Status” and then select “Residence Inquiry”
- Enter your details: Visa code, first name, nationality and date of birth
- Double-check your input and then click “Inquiry”
Keep in mind that you would need your passport details for each method to check UAE visa validity, but you don’t always carry it with you. Just scan your passport and keep a soft copy with you or a photocopy because you don’t want to lose your original passport.
Read more on ways to extend your visit visa in Dubai, UAE.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- How to check UAE visa status with passport number offline?
You can call 600-522-222 to find your UAE visa status with your passport number offline. People whose visa is Dubai-based can call Amer Centre at 800-5111. If you are calling from outside the country, the number is +971-4-313-9999.
- Can I reapply for a UAE visa, if my first application was rejected?
Yes, if your tourist visa application was denied, you can reapply for it. However, if you have appealed the UAE commission’s decision to reject your visa, you will need to wait till they respond.
- How many days before my trip should I apply for a tourist visa?
You must apply for a UAE tourist visa up to two months before your trip.
Kritika Manchanda is a content writer with BuyAnyInsurance. She has more than a decade of experience of churning out SEO friendly content. When she is not writing, she is either reading, or making travel plans.
Originally published Feb 17, 2023 10:21:54 AM, updated Feb 17, 2023