Medical insurance for Parents Above the Age 60 Years
How to find the best medical insurance for parents above 60 years?
Medical insurance for parents is crucial. There are various insurance service providers in the UAE. It can be a little daunting to choose the best one. It is recommended that you browse the various plans, get quotes online, read the features of each policy carefully, and then narrow down on the best medical insurance for parents above 60 years. Follow these steps and you would be able to choose the best medical insurance policy –
- Explore the various plans available
- Consider the medical history
- Check the sum assured
- Provide all the correct details
- Compare and choose the best plan
Parents above the age of 60 years tend to fall ill often because of old age. This means regular doctor visits and in some cases it may lead to hospitalization as well. Getting proper treatment can incur a lot of cost. So why take the emotional and financial stress, when you can purchase medical insurance for parents above the age of 60 years.
Senior citizen medical insurance plans inclusions and exclusions
Some of the inclusions in medical insurance for parents are –
- Health check-ups
- Pre and post hospitalization expenses
- Emergency ambulance service
- Doctor’s consultation
- Vaccination and inoculation
- Transportation charges
- Daycare expenses
Some of the exclusions of medical insurance for parents above the age of 60 years include the following –
- Cosmetic surgery
- Non-allopathic treatment
- Treatment for self-harm
- Dental treatment
- Drug abuse
- Treatment for illness contracted due to any way
How can you buy senior citizen medical insurance for parents on BuyAnyInsurance?
Buying medical insurance from BuyAnyInsurance is really easy and convenient. Follow these simple steps and you’ll get your policy in just a few clicks –
- Provide all the documents
There is a list of documents that you need to submit if you wish to buy any insurance plan. The insurance service provider can help you provide the complete list of documents needed.
- Fill out the application form
Once all the documents are in place, carefully fill the application form and submit it for approval.
- Pay the premium amount
Once you have finalized the medical insurance plan and compared various quotes online, all you have to do is pay the premium of the desired medical insurance policy and it will be sent to your inbox within a few minutes.
How to claim medical insurance for parents?
You can easily claim the medical insurance that you have taken for your parents in these easy steps –
- Register the Claim: Go to your insurance provider’s website and file a claim.
- Submit the Documents: To get the claim approved, you need to submit the relevant documents. Upload the documents on the online portal and submit the claim to get approval.
- Wait for the Approval: Once that’s done, wait till you get your medical claim approved.
Eligibility for medical insurance for parents
When buying medical insurance for parents above the age of 60 years, you should keep in mind the following things related to the policy’s eligibility –
- If you are 60 years of age then you are eligible for senior citizen medical insurance.
- Certain insurance companies set a higher age limit as per their personal standards, so be careful to read the policy documents carefully to avoid any ambiguity.
- Your parents need to be a UAE national or resident to get the benefits of senior citizen medical insurance plans.
- There is no upper age limit in the eligibility for senior citizen medical insurance plans.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What is the cost of medical insurance plans for parents above the age of 60 years?
If the insured person is above the age of 60 years and has pre-existing conditions, the lowest premium amount for the policy would be around AED 4,500 with a yearly limit of AED 150,000. The cost varies and depends on various factors like – the person’s age, pre-existing medical conditions, overall health etc.
- What documents are needed to get medical insurance for parents?
You would require the following documents –
- Copy of your passport
- Copy of your parents’ passport
- Emirates ID
- Medical reports (as requested by the insurance company)
In some cases, certain insurance service providers may ask for certain extra documents. The insurance agent would be able to guide you better.
- Can I get medical insurance for my parents if they are above 65 years of age?
Yes, individuals above 60 years of age are eligible for senior citizen health insurance policies in the UAE and there is no upper age limit to getting the policy.
Originally published Dec 28, 2022 11:43:27 AM, updated Dec 29, 2022