Enquiry about Accidents Related to Used Vehicles or Cars
Inquiring about traffic accidents with the chassis number is a very important and serious step. Within a minute, after reviewing the car report, you can negotiate the price, for example, or make a purchase decision, or abstain and look for another car.
The UAE government provides you with many electronic platforms to inquire about car accidents quickly and easily. Most of these sites require you to enter the car’s chassis number or base number, so what is it first?
What is the chassis or chassis number of the car, where do you find it?
Each car has its own chassis number, which distinguishes it from all other cars in the world. It is the vehicle birth certificate number, which consists of 17 digits and 4 digits.
- The first digit WMI: It is the first part of the chassis number and identifies the car manufacturer.
- The second field, VDS, provides information related to vehicle specifications.
- The third field: Check Digit.
- The fourth and last field, it is the VIS: which is the vehicle identification number.
You can find the vehicle’s chassis number in one of the following locations:
- Vehicle registration license
- Car dashboard
- In the tire bore
- Under the hood
- Below the spare tire
- Driver’s door
The chassis number is useful in knowing the car’s registry, and it is the identification number adopted by countries. Therefore, it is forbidden to tamper with, change or remove these numbers, except for the manufacturer. It is necessary to verify the chassis number before completing the process of purchasing a car, as many car theft gangs resort to forging the iron plates bearing the chassis number, while in the Emirates, approved car inspection centers verify the number when registering the vehicle .
Inquire about accidents using chassis number
You can inquire about vehicle accidents with the chassis number or the base number online through the following official channels:
- Ministry of Interior website
- The Federal Vehicle Gate (My Vehicle)
- Roads and Transport Authority
- Abu Dhabi’s police
Ministry of Interior Website
The Ministry of Interior website provides many important electronic services to citizens, including inquiring about the condition of the vehicle or inquiring about vehicle accidents, in order to save effort and time.
To inquire about vehicle accidents, follow these steps:
- Visit the official website – https://moi.gov.ae/ar/default.aspx
- Select the Traffic Electronic Services tab
- Click on Vehicle Accident Inquiry
- Type the base or chassis number
You can also submit a request for a minor traffic accident inspection report after registering a mobile phone number, and follow up on previously submitted requests. In addition to inquiring about vehicle certificates and paying traffic fines.
Through the Ministry of Interior website, you can carry out many electronic transactions online. The most used services on the Ministry of Interior website are: issuing vehicle ownership, renewing vehicle ownership, transferring vehicle ownership, in addition to issuing a vehicle driving license, opening traffic or criminal reports, and others .
My Vehicle or the Federal Vehicle Gate
My Vehicle or the Federal Vehicle Portal is one of the popular websites to provide all electronic services to vehicle owners and drivers in the United Arab Emirates.
One of the services it provides is inquiring about traffic accidents to view the vehicle’s previous accident data, assessing damages and accident procedures, as well as following up on the vehicle’s repair process.
Inquiries about vehicle accidents through My Vehicle –
- Click on the traffic management link – https://evg.ae/_layouts/EVG/trafficaccidents.aspx?language=ar
- Type the chassis or chassis number, then click Search
Roads and Transport Authority
The RTA website is characterized by providing more detailed information about the history of the vehicle than other websites, such as: date of circulars, date of reservation, registration information, vehicle specifications, history of ownership and operations, history of inspections, history of odometers, in addition to inquiries about stolen vehicles.
It should be noted that the RTA website, unlike other electronic platforms, requires the approval of the current owner of the vehicle, and also charges fees for the accident inquiry service, which are –
- 100 dirhams for the certificate fee.
- 20 dirhams innovation and knowledge fee.
Steps to inquire about traffic accidents –
- Go to the official website – https://traffic.rta.ae/trfesrv/public_resources/revamp/common/public_request_service_info.do?entityId=-1&serviceCode=270&switchLanguage=ar&CSRFhhva3v=laq0e64z799f
- Agree to the terms and conditions, then click the Apply button.
- Enter the chassis number and security number, then click on the search button.
- Click to get the password.
- Enter the password sent to the vehicle owner’s phone number.
- Click Next to continue.
- Confirm the entered data and click the Next button.
- Verify the data of the service requester.
- Then confirm the fees and complete the payment steps.
Abu Dhabi Police
The Abu Dhabi Police website provides many services for vehicle owners and drivers, where you can view reserved plates, inquire and pay traffic fines, obtain financial receipts, inquire about vehicle certificates and registered vehicles, and much more. One of the advantages of the Abu Dhabi Police website is that its services are provided to residents of Abu Dhabi and the rest of the Arab Emirates alike.
Steps to inquire about traffic accidents through Abu Dhabi Police website –
- Visit the official website – https://es.adpolice.gov.ae/trafficservices/publicservices/AccidentsInquiry.aspx?Culture=ar
- Enter the chassis number.
- Enter the image code, then click the query.
Inquire about re-issuing a traffic accident report
The Government of Dubai provides this service to customers in order to obtain a copy of a previously issued traffic report stating that the car was involved in a traffic accident. In order to benefit from car insurance services, cover damages, and repair the vehicle in the maintenance workshop.
All you need to enter is the national identity card number, driver’s license number, issuance authority, and email.
Follow these easy steps –
- Visit the official website – https://www.dubaipolice.gov.ae/wps/portal/home/services/individualservices/reissuingaccidentreport?firstView=true
- Fill in the required data.
- Submission of the application.
- Receiving the transaction number via phone and email.
- Receipt of the certificate and payment receipt through email.
Service fee –
- 100 dirhams
- 20 dirhams innovation and knowledge fee
In simple and easy ways, you can inquire about accidents in the Emirates, so do not hesitate to check the condition of the vehicle before buying a used car. All you have to do is follow the previous steps to save yourself effort and time and give yourself peace of mind and reassurance when you get a comprehensive report on the condition of the vehicle you want to buy.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Is the base number the same as the chassis number?
The order is the same, and it consists of 17 numbers and letters. The chassis number is a number specific to the vehicle and is not similar to any other number in the whole world. In short, it is her identity number, her own fingerprint.
- Where do I find the chassis number?
You can find the chassis number in one of the following locations: the vehicle’s registration license, the car’s dashboard, in the tire well, under the hood, under the spare tire, and the driver’s door.
- What are the sites for inquiring about accidents?
You can inquire about traffic accidents with the chassis number through the official government websites in the UAE, such as: the Ministry of Interior website, My Vehicle website, the Roads and Transport Authority website, and the Abu Dhabi Police website.
New Articles on BuyAnyInsurance
Originally published Feb 24, 2023 11:03:27 AM, updated Feb 24, 2023